THEME PACKS: COLLECTIONS OF NOVELS ON COMMON THEMES
THEME PACKS are groups of novels carefully selected from different core HIP collections, by their common topics, themes or reader demographics.
Click on each of the images below to get more information or to order.
WHY USE THEMATIC NOVEL SETS?
- To develop comparative thinking skills
- To support readers in learning to make essential text-to-text and text-to-world connections
- To differentiate instruction by offering text choices within a theme study
- To help students go beyond surface understanding of important themes and concepts
- To help struggling readers anticipate what they’re going to find in a text
- To provide a collection of resources for “what to read next”
- To create a community of learners who can share different perspectives on common themes