HIP BOOKS support struggling readers - and the teachers who teach them.
At High Interest Publishing, we understand the challenges of working with struggling readers. And we know how hard teachers work to help all their students build the skills and confidence to become lifelong readers. That’s why HIP produces not only student reading materials, but also professional resources to help teachers save time and add useful tools to their teaching toolboxes.
FREE DOWNLOADABLE MATERIALS FOR TEACHERS
THE READING-WRITING CONNECTION
- Fantastic Five Comprehension Superpowers
- Think aloud, Think along, Think alone
- Critical Reading
- Seven Rules for Summarizing
- Remote Control Reading for Self-Monitoring
- Hand, Heart and Head Questions
- Flag your Strategies
- The Fluency Five
- Compare and Contrast
- Purpose, Perspective and Point of View
- Background Knowledge